In Vesiralli 2, children continue working on skills learned in Vesiralli 1, such as body control, correct swimming position and breathing technique. During a single class the children will swim a distance of several hundred meters. Vesiralli 2 sessions are in the big pool.
Skills required for the Fish pin:
- Glide into a somersault without surfacing
- Swim freestyle in correct position for 15 meters (without breathing)
- Swim backstroke for 10 stroke cycles in correct position
- Side kick for 6 kicks on each side (rotate at least twice)
- Swim any stroke for 100 meters without stopping
- Push off the bottom to the surface moving forward 5 times and backward 5 times
- Swim under water using the dolphin kick
- Swim alligator
- Rotate while gliding
- Float in a relaxed manner
- Dive head first from a kneeling position
- Hold a ball up in one hand for 10 seconds
(The child must be able to repeat the skill to demonstrate mastery. The instructor will evaluate the performance during the course. Not all of the skills listed above are required to earn the pin.)
Starting level requirements
To participate, the child meets the requirements for a Frog pin (Vesiralli 1) and is able to swim 50 meters without stopping.
The goal is strong mastery of the different movements needed in swimming. The child can work to earn a Fish pin during the course.